The USTA Mid-Atlantic Section office, located just outside Washington, D.C. in the town of Reston, VA has internship opportunities for the spring and summer semesters.
The United States Tennis Association (USTA), a not-for-profit organization, is the national governing body of the sport of tennis in the United States. USTA Mid-Atlantic (MAS) is one of seventeen sections, comprising the geographic areas of Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C. and West Virginia.
Candidates must be current students or recent graduates looking for Curriculum Related Internships.
USTA/Mid-Atlantic has different staff areas including:
- Competitive Play, Junior Player Development and Junior Tournaments
- Community Tennis and Professional Events
- 10 & Under Tennis Play Days and Jr. Team Tennis
- Adult Leagues and Tournaments
- Marketing/Communication and Administration
- Outreach and Diversity/Inclusion
Our departments can often accommodate an intern who brings varied experience to the table. Have you played USTA junior tennis? Do you have social media experience? Do you have event coordination experience? Do you love marketing projects? At USTA/MAS, you will learn these things and make a difference too.
- Current enrollment in a college or university or recently graduated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong social media skills
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to keep deadlines and handle tasks responsibility
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to daily changing tasks
- Video editing skills a plus but not a requirement
- On court experience a plus
- Candidate must be available for at least 40 hours per week.
- Candidate must be available to work weekend events when needed.
- Candidate must have a valid driving license and reliable transportation.
- This is a paid internship of $250 per week plus expenses associated with events.
- USTA Mid-Atlantic will work with the college or university to provide course credit if needed; not mandatory.
How to apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Alanna Broderick, Director of Community Tennis Development, firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Intern Application” in the subject line.
USTA/Virginia Tennis is also offering summer internships. Are you self motivated?
Interested in volunteering this Spring or Summer?
Click here for upcoming volunteer opportunities.