Grant Accountability Form
All grant recipients must submit a grant accountability form no later than December 15, 2013. Failure to do so will affect future funding opportunities.
Diversity & Inclusion Signature Program Tennis Grant
Grants up to $3,000 based, in part, on the Association/Organization’s potential and commitment to affect growth and development of local tennis programs for the underserved. Organizations are well established and have larger programs.
Diversity & Inclusion Tennis Organization Grant
Grants up to $500 based, in part, on the Association/Organization’s potential and commitment to affect growth and development of local tennis programs for the underserved. Grant funds are for start-up or organizations that are building. The reach is smaller and does not have as many programs as the larger and better established organizations.
Section Community Tennis Grant
Grants up to $1,000 are offered to USTA-qualified organizations who are well established community based organizations or agencies committed to: Increase tennis participation, support tennis programming, and foster diversity and inclusion with both participation and programming for various tennis programs, which will contribute to the long-term growth of tennis.
Diversity & Inclusion Junior Tournament Player Grant
In an effort to increase Multicultural participation in the section, USTA/Mid-Atlantic
offers financial assistance to developing Junior tournament players who reside in the
districts of Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C. and West Virginia.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Athletes of ethnic or racial minority backgrounds; AND/OR
- Low income junior tennis players;
- Wheelchair junior tennis players;
- Grants up to $500 to developing junior tournament players.This grant is intended specifically for the emerging player (rankings below the Top 100 Nationally, but in the Top 200 in the Section)
- Funding will be based on the success level of the player in the previous year. Must be training and competing in tournaments year-round. Have a history of sectional tournament results.
- Players receiving this grant are required to serve as youth ambassadors for at least one event coordinated by section staff.
10 and Under Tennis Equipment Grant
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The 10 and Under Tennis Equipment Grant offers equipment to USTA organization members, JTT coordinators, schools, clubs, tennis professionals or park and recreation departments that are utilizing the 10 and Under Tennis format in their programs, hosting 10 and Under Play Days or tournaments.
- Applicants who are awarded a 10 and Under Tennis Equipment Grant must have attended a 10 and Under Tennis Workshop within the previous year or sign up for a workshop.
- The equipment package will include two 18" nets, 12 racquets, 1 dozen foam balls, 1 dozen red felt, 1 dozen orange felt balls, and throw down lines.
- The 10 and under tennis equipment grant is contingent upon funding availability.
- Organizations cannot apply for this grant more than once a year.
- All applicants must be current USTA/MAS organizational members.
Mid-Atlantic Blended Court Line Grants
Funding provided by the USTA Mid-Atlantic Section and USTA National to assist communities with the cost of painting 10 and Under Tennis lines on existing courts.
USTA Mid-Atlantic will match dollar for dollar the investment a local community makes toward the total cost of lining two (2) courts to make up the required 50% local match. Available USTA Mid-Atlantic funds will be capped at four courts per facility. Currently, the cost to line 36' and/or 60' courts is approximately $250-$450 per court.