USTA/Mid-Atlantic Grow The Game Grants
2014 Grant Cycle I closed March 31, 2014
2014 Grant Cycle II is now open and will close June 30, 2014
Grant Accountability Form
All grant recipients must submit a grant accountability form no later than December 15, 2014. Failure to do so will affect future funding opportunities.
Diversity & Inclusion Signature Program Tennis Grant
Grants up to $3,000 based, in part, on the Association/Organization’s potential and commitment to affect growth and development of local tennis programs for the underserved. Organizations are well established and have larger programs.
Diversity & Inclusion Tennis Organization Grant
Grants up to $500 based, in part, on the Association/Organization’s potential and commitment to affect growth and development of local tennis programs for the underserved. Grant funds are for start-up or organizations that are building. The reach is smaller and does not have as many programs as the larger and better established organizations.
Section Community Tennis Grant
Grants up to $1,000 are offered to USTA-qualified organizations who are well established community based organizations or agencies committed to: Increase tennis participation, support tennis programming, and foster diversity and inclusion with both participation and programming for various tennis programs, which will contribute to the long-term growth of tennis.
Diversity & Inclusion Junior Tournament Player Grant
In an effort to increase Multicultural participation in the section, USTA/Mid-Atlantic
offers financial assistance to developing Junior tournament players who reside in the
districts of Maryland, Virginia, Washington D.C. and West Virginia.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
- Athletes of ethnic or racial minority backgrounds; AND/OR
- Low income junior tennis players;
- Wheelchair junior tennis players;
- Grants up to $500 to developing junior tournament players.This grant is intended specifically for the emerging player (rankings below the Top 100 Nationally, but in the Top 200 in the Section)
- Funding will be based on the success level of the player in the previous year. Must be training and competing in tournaments year-round. Have a history of sectional tournament results.
- Players receiving this grant are required to serve as youth ambassadors for at least one event coordinated by section staff.
10 and Under Tennis Equipment Grant
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The 10 and Under Tennis Equipment Grant offers equipment to USTA organization members, JTT coordinators, schools, clubs, tennis professionals or park and recreation departments that are utilizing the 10 and Under Tennis format in their programs, hosting 10 and Under Play Days or tournaments.
- Applicants who are awarded a 10 and Under Tennis Equipment Grant must have attended a 10 and Under Tennis Workshop within the previous year or sign up for a workshop.
- The equipment package will include two 18' nets, 12 racquets, 1 dozen foam balls, 1 dozen red felt, 1 dozen orange felt balls, and throw down lines.
- The 10 and under tennis equipment grant is contingent upon funding availability.
- Organizations cannot apply for this grant more than once a year.
- All applicants must be current USTA/MAS organizational members.
Mid-Atlantic Blended Court Line Grants
Funding provided by the USTA Mid-Atlantic Section and USTA National to assist communities with the cost of painting 10 and Under Tennis lines on existing courts.
USTA Mid-Atlantic will match dollar for dollar the investment a local community makes toward the total cost of lining two (2) courts to make up the required 50% local match. Available USTA Mid-Atlantic funds will be capped at four courts per facility. Currently, the cost to line 36' and/or 60' courts is approximately $250-$450 per court.
USTA Serves Scholarship
College scholarships to deserving youngsters who have participated in United States Tennis Association (USTA) and/or other organized youth tennis programs. The following
scholarships are offered:
- The Marian Wood Baird College Scholarship
- The Rosalind P. Walter College Scholarship
- The Dwight F. Davis Memorial Scholarship
- The Dwight Mosley College Scholarship
- The USTA Serves College Education Scholarship
- The Eve Kraft Education & College Scholarship
- The USTA Serves College Textbook Scholarship
Application available in 2014.
2014 USTA Serves Player Incentive Awards
USTA Serves, the National Charitable Foundation of the USTA is a not-for-profit corporation whose mission is to support, monitor and promote programs that enhance the lives of underserved children through the integration of tennis and education. It encourages children to pursue their goals and highest dreams by succeeding in school and becoming responsible citizens, targeting youngsters from all cultural and ethnic backgrounds.The Player Incentive Award is a one time, nonrenewable grant of $500. Its purpose is to encourage the development of USTA youth tennis program participants with great potential and a commitment to academic excellence.
The applicant must:
- currently be enrolled in grades 6-11;
- show financial need for all tennis related fees;
- demonstrate a strong commitment to academic achievement;
- be a participant in a USTA youth tennis program; and,
- be a middle school player with high school varsity team potential or high school varsity player.
Application available in 2014.